Come Grow with Us at Linden Tree!
At Linden Tree, you’ll find a warm, nurturing environment where your child can grow to their full potential. We focus on the whole child, with a personalized approach that combines rigorous academics with a strong focus on social and emotional learning. We work hard to meet the individual needs of EVERY child, so they can become confident leaders and citizens ready to take their place in a changing world.
We use EL Education for our literacy curriculum and Bridges for math. All curricula materials supports our Magnet theme of global leadership, innovation, and discovery. We are fostering a growth mindset that encourages students to be advocates of global issues and come up with ways to address these concerns that affect others on a larger scale. This way of thinking will prepare our students for a competitive economy where creative and innovative learners thrive!
What Does It Mean To Be A Global Leader?
At Linden Tree Elementary, we prepare our students to be well-rounded global citizens.
Our Global Leaders celebrate diverse cultures and backgrounds, connect learning to the real world, and develop 21st-Century skills for today’s connected world.
Our Magnet School program is focused on developing “Global Leaders of Innovation and Discovery.” What does this mean?
- A celebration of global cultures—especially the many countries and cultures our students and their families come from!
- A focus on real-world connectionsthat make the grade level curriculum more meaningful and engaging.
- An integrated, transdisciplinary curriculum that makes connections across content areas.
We use EL Education for our literacy curriculum and Bridges for math. All curricula materials support our Magnet theme of global leadership, innovation, and discovery. We are fostering a growth mindset that encourages students to be advocates of global issues and come up with ways to address these concerns that affect others on a larger scale. This way of thinking will prepare our students for a competitive economy where creative and innovative learners thrive!
Linden Tree is proud to be part of the NYC DOE Magnet School program. What does that mean for you and your child?
- Additional resources funded through a Federal Magnet School grant, including special programs and state-of-the-art technology
- High-quality curriculum that infuses grade-level standards with our magnet school theme
- Hands-on activities grounded in Project-Based Learning (PBL), a student-led, inquiry-based approach to teaching and learning.
- A technology-infused curriculum that develops 21st-century skills, including collaboration, communication, and critical and creative thinking.
- A personalized, nurturing environment that differentiates instruction for the needs of each child and welcomes active family involvement.
- Music and art instruction from full-time, certified teachers and a certified physical education teacher.
Innovation and Discovery Lab
Students can create, invent and learn new skills in our state-of-the-art Innovation and Discovery Lab!
The lab is stocked with the technology and materials students need to let their imaginations soar.
- 3D printers
- Multi-media production equipment
We offer a variety of after-school student clubs for fun, enrichment and friendship.
- Girls Who Code
- Jewelry Making
- Test Preparation
We partner with Ultimate Enrichment to offer fee-based after-school care for families who need it. The Ultimate Enrichment after school program consists of a three-part curriculum:
- Sports-specific instruction and skill training
- Performing and visual arts
- Homework assistance and academic enrichment
Linden Tree is in Westchester Square section of the Bronx, a quiet family-friendly area nearby great shops and restaurants.
Our school is conveniently located just a short walk away from the 6 train at Castle Hill Avenue. We're also easily accessible by car, nestled nearby the Cross Bronx Expressway, Hutchinson River Parkway, I-95, and I-295. Our families enjoy regular community activities, as well as local attractions such as the Bronx Zoo and New York Botanical Garden.